My Best Friend's Wedding

This monday, 27th June, one of my best friends, Vasanth got married in the city of salem. He united in wedlock with yogalakshmi.
My roommates have been pretty diligent in reporting the event in their respective blogs (lord's blog and baby's blog). One of the better habits of being a e-otting member ? ;-)
The marriage photos are also posted at rajastravel, one of lord's lesser known photo blog.

The marriage was an opportunity to catch up with the happenings in my friends' circle.
I met my college classmates senthil kumar (both smart and solai) , veera , senthil nathan , velayudham , film (karthikeyan) , nambi, ravi shankar , nandakumari , thangam and her husband prasad , some of my juniors harish , ganguly ( his nickname, I still don't recollect his real name! ) , suman , jai ganesh.

Our stay was well taken care of by Vasanth and was a very good break from the ususal weekends. The only problem was the weather in salem. I was visting salem after 4 long years and the weather hasn't changed a weebit.

But we made a short trip to yercaud that offered us some respite from the salem weather.

Yercaud datasheet:
-------------------
location - a small hill-station around 35kms from salem.
travel route - takes around 1.5 hrs from salem by road largely due to the 20 hair-pin bends.
size - around 64 villages.
crops - coffee , pepper.
places to visit - lady's seat , gent's seat , pagoda point , raja rajeshwari temple.

As with all the other hill stations in south India, it was established by the British (probably since the weather suited them). Also it has magnesite mines from which aluminium is extracted.

The 2 days brought back the sweet memories of the college hostel times, the round table (mokkais) , the overnight movies. There was not even a single moment when I felt alone or bored.
And the final card game on the train was the jewel on the crown. Although I felt that it would not be possible, vig simply made it possible. Hats off to vig's sporting spirit. This trip definitely goes down as one of the best moments.

No comments: